KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) customers need not worry over the issues of high electricity bills after TNB resumes physical meter reading operations which were temporarily stopped since the Movement Control Order (MCO) came into force on March 18.
TNB chairman Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid, in a statement, said the utility company was aware of the customers’ complaints over the recent spike in their respective bills after the operations were resumed from May 15.
“Don’t worry. TNB has always been fair and sensitive to the grouses of some customers who had received such bills.
“Our Customer Service Officers at the TNB CareLine 1300 88 5454 and Kedai Tenaga are always available to explain further on the calculations and how the billing adjustments are made,” he added.
TNB, prior to this, said the customer’s billing would be adjusted as soon as the meter reading operations resumed.
When physical meter reading was temporarily halted during the MCO, TNB issued estimated bills based on the bill amount for the month before MCO was enforced.
TNB customers could also obtain information on the calculation of bills during the MCO by surfing the TNB website at https://www.tnb.com.my/prihatin.
Following the impact of COVID-19, Mahdzir said on May 14, TNB had introduced a post MCO relief package comprising an Easy Payment Plan (EPP) that offered a postponement of late payment surcharge (until Sept 30) and an extension of supply disconnection suspension (until July 31).
He said that the package was offered automatically to 7.5 million households.
He added EPP is an addition to the tiered discount of between two per cent and 50 per cent that TNB offered to its customers for electricity usage from April 1, 2020, until Sept 30, 2020.
“It is hoped that the tiered discount and post-MCO package will ease the burden of the people who are affected due to the COVID-19,” he said.
30-Year-Old Son Allegedly Reports Mother For Kicking Him Out For Not Having A Job
Mexico, a 30-year-old man allegedly reported his mother to the authorities for kicking him out of her house, because he didn’t want to get a job or at least help her with chores.
Recently, Mexican media reported the case of a *C, a man who denounced his own mother and aunt to the before the Mexican Prosecutor’s Office, accusing them of assault and harassments.
The man claimed that he was beaten out of the house by the two women, who also threw water on him, What he actually failed to tell the authorities was that he had been living at his mother’s house for months, free of charge, without contributing to the family finances or even do the chores.
*C’s mother explained that he had come to live with her at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, just after losing his job. She was happy to help him, but he had only sitting on the couch and playing video games all day. To make everything worse, the man never helps with anything and expected everything to be served to him.
The mother had asked the son to find a job since Mexico started recovering after the lockdown and businesses started re-opening. The mother wanted him to contribute to the family budget, but he ignored her.
In an act of desperation, the woman admitted that she called her sister and together they threw *C out of the house, pouring water on him and hitting him with brooms.
Reported that *C complained that he was offended that his own mother threw him out and by the way she did it and that’s why he filed a complaint against her.
Source: Oddity Central
Czech Republic And Slovakia Are Set To Declare COVID-19 State Of Emergency
To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic, the Czech Republic and Slovakia will reportedly declare a state of emergency this week after the number of cases increased sharply.
Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis expects that a state of emergency will be agreed after a meeting to be held on Wednesday.
The Czech Republic has recently reported an increase in COVID-19 cases making a total of 65,313 confirmed cases and 615 deaths.
According to the Jakarta Post, Babis decisions were also voiced by Slovakia Prime Minister, Igor Matovic who said the “extremely serious” situation called for “very bold decisions” following a meeting of his country’s crisis management team.
If implemented, Slovakia will face a state of emergency for the second time to curb the spread of COVID-19. Under the proposed ban, all sporting, cultural and religious events will be banned from October 1.
Weddings and funerals will only be allowed if all participants can prove that they have undergone a negative test for COVID-19.
Restaurants, bars, and cafes will also be closed by 10:00 pm and if people who do not live in the same house approach two meters (six feet) outside the house, they should wear face masks.
Wearing a face mask is also mandatory when in public indoor spaces in Slovakia.
Source: The Jakarta Post
Hajiji Sworn In As Sabah’s 16th Chief Minister
KOTA KINABALU, Sept 29 — Sabah Perikatan Nasional chairman and Sulaman assemblyman, Datuk Hajiji Nooryang was sworn in as Sabah’s 16th Chief Minister today.
Also taking their oath before Sabah Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Juhar Mahiruddin were the three Deputy Chief Ministers, namely Sabah Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman and Lamag assemblyman Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin, STAR president Datuk Dr. Jeffrey Kitingan (Tambunan assemblyman), and Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS) vice-president Datuk Dr. Joachim Gunsalam (Kundasang assemblyman).
Bung Moktar also took his oath as State Minister of Local Government and Housing, Jeffrey (Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries) and Joachim (Minister of Industrial Development).
State Bersatu deputy chief Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun took his oath as Sabah Works Minister while PBS secretary Datuk Jahid Jahim was sworn in as State Rural Development Minister.
Also present at the ceremony were the Governor’s wife Toh Puan Norlidah R.M Jasni, Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, who is also UMNO vice-president, Agriculture, and Food Industry Minister Datuk Seri Dr. Ronald Kiandee, who is also Bersatu vice-president and PBS deputy president Datuk Seri Radin Malleh.
Earlier, the leaders received their letters of appointment from Juhar.
After taking their oath, they signed the appointment letters, witnessed by Kota Kinabalu High Court Judge Datuk Martin Idang, before Sabah Mufti Datuk Bungsu Aziz Jaafar recited prayers.
Gabungan Rakyat Sabah (GRS) won the 16th Sabah election on Saturday with a simple majority to take over the state government from Warisan after winning 38 out of the total 73 state seats.
Health4 days ago
Coronavirus Mutation Seen In More Contagious And Able To Get Around Masks – Experts
Lifestyle6 days ago
Man Buys Land On The Moon For Wife As Wedding Gift
News6 days ago
Saudi Arabia To Gradually Resume Umrah Pilgrimage From October 4
News4 days ago
SPA9 Will Replace SPA8i Starting 28 September 2020 To Apply For Vacancies In The Public Sector
Health7 days ago
Japanese Gamer Gained Muscles After Six Months Playing Nintendo Switch Fitness Game
Lifestyle5 days ago
Tom Cruise Next Movie Will Filmed In Real Space With Help From Elon Musk
Lifestyle6 days ago
Personality Color: What Your Fav Color Says About You?
Lifestyle5 days ago
‘Mysterious’ Eyes Found Inside of Vending Machine’s Coin Slot In Japan