The national blood centre is running out of blood type O and the Ministry of Health is urging Malaysians for help. National Blood Centre tweeted that they open from 30th July to 2nd August 2020 for donations at these locations:
Pusat Darah Negara, Jalan Tun Razak
30th July 2020 (Thursday)
7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
31st July 2020 – 2nd August 2020
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Pusat Darah Negara Donation Suite, Midvalley Megamall
30th July 2020 – 2nd August 2020 (Thursday – Sunday)
10:00 Am – 9:00 PM
Suite Derma Darah Puspanita, Presint 10 Putrajaya
30th July 2020 – 2nd August 2020 (Thursday-Sunday)
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
There are a few requirements that you need to fulfil before you donate your blood.
- Aged between 18 and 60 years old (for those less than 18, written consent from parents or legal guardian is required).
- Bodyweight of at least 45 kg.
- In good physical and mental health with no chronic medical illness.
- Not on long term medications and has not been intoxicated by alcohol within 24 hours prior to donation.
- Should not be fasting and have had enough sleep (more than 5 hours) the night before donating.
- Has been staying in Malaysia for at least one year (for non-citizen).
If you think you are perfect for this, please donate and become a blood donor as you could save many lives especially for those who really need it.
Panggilan kepada penderma darah O Positif untuk tampil menderma darah.
Derma darah, selamatkan nyawa.
Terima kasih daun keladi.
Andalah wira Malaysia. pic.twitter.com/rf9kLapxzl
— PusatDarahNegara (@PDNKKM) July 30, 2020
Source: Pusat Darah Negara