Connect with us

Health

Brazil’s Tropical Island Reopen To Tourists Only Who’ve Had Covid-19

Published

on

One of the islands in Brazil has opened its doors to tourists once again since the pandemic strike, but a new rule has been applied for this time. Only those who have contracted and recovered from coronavirus are allowed to visit the Brazillian island.

An archipelago called Fernando de Noronha has reopened five months since the coronavirus lockdown. The island is situated 354km off Brazil’s northeastern coast closed in March to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The region will reopen on September 1 with controls to “guarantee everyone’s protection”.

Official revealed on the Instagram account that the island will be opened in phases.

The post said, “In this first phase, only tourists who have already had Covid-19 will be allowed to disembark.”

New precautions will be required those who visiting to present a positive test result that is at least 20 days old.

The archipelago’s administrator, Guilherme Rocha, said “In this first stage of reopening, only tourists who have already had COVID and have recovered and are immune to the disease will be authorized [since] they can neither transmit it nor be infected again.”

“We are reopening responsibly, with caution and without hurry,” when speaking at a news conference.

“Hurry is the enemy of life … We can’t do everything at once,” he added.

Fernando de Noronha was forced to shut its doors on March 21, the time the pandemic started all around the world.

This comes as Brit tourist hotspot beaches on the Canary Islands have been closed after a second coronavirus wave hit the region.

After suffered its first major Covid-19 outbreak in several months, beaches on the island of El Hierro were shutdown. The island had been one of the very few places to escape the harrowing pandemic that left 10s of thousands of Spaniards on the mainland dead. Instead, only a handful of cases were recorded and there were no deaths recorded. But, the second wave is having a dramatic effect with at least 40 people being struck down by the virus which forcing the local government to take some actions.

Source: Daily Star, Instagram Noronha

Health

(Video) Lucky Them! These States Lifted Up Most Covid-19 Restrictions After Achieving Vaccination Milestones

Published

on

California and also New York are the two states that imposed strict COVID-19 measures throughout the pandemic and also were among the hardest hit have recently lifted most restrictions on the 15th of June to much fanfare. They had lifted virtually all coronavirus restrictions on businesses and social gatherings as both states hit milestones in vaccinating their residents.

Most states have lifted all or most of their COVID-19 restrictions, with remaining measures typically involving mask use for unvaccinated residents. Among those states that haven’t yet, Washington is set to lift all restrictions by the 30th of June and Maryland and Michigan by the 1st of July. New Mexico is set to end restrictions by the 1st of July.

@newyorkbucketlistNew York has lifted all COVID restrictions! Thank you to all of our heroes ❤️ Shot on a @flynyon 🚁 tonight by Bucket Listers

♬ Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down – Alicia Keys

In New York, where 70 percent of adults have received at least one dose of the vaccine, the order from Governor Andrew Cuomo means that restaurants will no longer be forced to space tables 6 feet apart, movie theatres will be allowed to pack their auditoriums without spacing seats apart and entrance to commercial buildings would not require a temperature check.

In California, the most populous state and the first to implement a stay-at-home order, that meant the end of a county-level, color-coded system that guided capacity limits and other mitigation measures. Venues, restaurants, and bars can now operate at 100% capacity, indoors and out.

Even with the restrictions lifted, California and New York residents should still expect to see some signs of pandemic life. Both states will still abide by mask guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which has advised that unvaccinated people should wear masks indoors and maintain social distancing.

Sources: New York Times, TikTok New York Bucket List.

Continue Reading

Health

(Video) KKM Now Dabbles In TikTok To Share Health Info

Published

on

TikTok is undeniably one of the most used social media platforms by many people in this whole wide world nowadays. This is because this particular well-known platform is so user-friendly and also any news easily goes viral for everyone. Recently, the Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM) also has decided to dabble in using TikTok for beneficial purposes.

Other than Facebook and also Instagram, the Ministry of Health Malaysia has set up its own TikTok account. In the TikTok social media platform, the Ministry of Health Malaysia has shared a lot of information about health with all of its followers. The platform also shares the latest developments on COVID-19 here in Malaysia.

@kkmputrajayaRahsia dan khasiat pegaga yang perlu anda tahu. ##HealthCheck ##gayahidupsihat ##healthyfood♬ She Share Story – Shayne Orok

A lot of netizens online supported and praised this amazing effort that was done by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Hopefully, with this particular effort, many people all over Malaysia could get the correct information on health and also the current news regarding the COVID-19 situation.

@kkmputrajayaAnda mengalami haid tidak teratur? Mungkin ini puncanya. ##HealthCheck ##gayahidupsihat ##healthylifestyle

♬ Enjoying – Sandce

Sources: TikTok Ministry of Health Malaysia.

Continue Reading

Health

Parents Seek Help For 11-Month-Old Baby With Heart Disease

Published

on

IPOH, June 15  — It has been a struggle for survival for a married couple here, who currently has no source of income due to the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO).

Julia Mohd Ali, 34, who suffers from spinal cord disease, said she used to work as a security guard, but was forced to quit her job in last March as her health deteriorated.

The mother of five said life gets hard for her family after her husband Mohamad Syamrezlan Misak, 22, a contract labourer, could not go to work due to the implementation of the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Manjoi, from June 6 to 19.

To make matters worse for the couple, they have to take care of their two children who have health conditions and require help as well as treatment.

“I have four children from my previous marriage. Three of them live with my ex-husband, while my eldest son Nor Aiman ​​Fitri, 16, who has Dyslexia and learning disabilities is currently under my care,” she said when met by Bernama at his rented house in Kampung Tengku Hussein, Manjoi.

Julia said her child from the current marriage, Raisha Aleeya, 11 months, was diagnosed with clogged arteries three months ago.

“Every six weeks, I have to take my baby who also suffers from epilepsy to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital for examination. She is also scheduled to undergo a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan this August,” she said.

Despite the hardship, Julia said she was very grateful for the concern demonstrated by a non-governmental organisation which has agreed to help her in paying the house rental which costs her RM300 a month for three months.

Meanwhile, Kinta district Social Welfare officer Shamsudin Osman said the Social Welfare Department (JKM) would look at the suitable assistance that could be channelled to the family.

“We will visit them to provide the food box aid. We will provide the necessary assistance to the family accoding to their needs,” he said when contacted by Bernama.

Sources: BERNAMA

Continue Reading

Trending