There are many celebrities out there that are still earning million dollars of money even though during this worrying Covid-19 Pandemic situation. Because of that, Forbes has listed some of the highest-paid celebrities in the year 2020. The total value is still high despite it got affected because of the global pandemic.
These world’s highest-paid celebrities earned a combined of $6.1 billion before taxes and fees, a $200 million drop from 2019. This happens after the global pandemic shuttered stadiums and silenced performances worldwide.
These are the Top 5 world’s highest-paid celebrities in 2020:
1) Kylie Jenner
- Kylie Jenner has decided to sell 51% of Kylie Cosmetics to publicly traded Coty, Inc. in January 2019 for the worth of $600 million. Because of that, she has pocketed $540 million before the calculation of tax.
- Jenner first appeared on Forbes Billionaires listing in March 2019 at age 21. She has evolved now with the worth of roughly $900 million just for herself.
- Her company that is Kylie Cosmetics, which had the 2019 revenue with the worth of $200 million, was originally built using social media following that is able to reach more than 175 million people.
- She then used $250,000 of her earnings from her modeling career to pay a particular outside company for her first 15,000 lip kits launch, which quickly sold out in minutes in 2015.
- The stars of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” Kylie Jenner remains in charge of creative efforts and marketing for the famous Kylie Cosmetics.
2) Kanye West
- Kanye West’s deal with Adidas for one of the famous sneaker brand that is Yeezy makes Forbes wanted to put Kanye on this listings.
- Yeezy shoes enable Kanye West to get an annual royalty from Adidas. The Yeezy brand managed to achieve an estimated $1.3 billion of pure sales in 2019.
- Kanye West also has a different Yeezy apparel line that he owns completely.
- Kanye West’s Sunday Service, an invitation-only confab mostly in Southern California, has captured the one and only Katy Perry’s and Dave Chappelle’s interest to join.
- Recently in June 2020, the retailer brand that is Gap and Kanye West decided that they will start selling a line of West’s Yeezy clothing designed specifically for Gap.
3) Roger Federer
- Roger Federer is the one and only world’s highest-paid athlete that plays tennis for the first time in the history of Forbes edition. This all thanks to an incredible portfolio of profitable endorsement deals.
- The Japanese apparel brand Uniqlo brings the most profit for him, which made an agreement with him starting from 2018 under a 10-year, $300 million deal.
- Roger Federer also has won an amazing $130 million in prize money throughout his career, but the higher total is from his off-court earnings that are from all the appearances and endorsements.
- This greatest men’s tennis player alive got the chance to return back to the No. 1 ranking in the year 2018. This makes him the oldest man by more than three years to achieve it.
- His own foundation raised more than $50 million and educated 1.5 million children in Africa since its launch.
4) Cristiano Ronaldo
- Christiano Ronaldo has become the most followed athlete on social media. His Instagram followers only have hit the amount of 200 million in the year 2020.
- He decided to join Juventus in the year of 2018 after nine years with Real Madrid. The payment for his agreement is a four-year deal worth $64 million annually.
- Within the period of 24 hours, Juventus had sold 520,000 Ronaldo jerseys that worth over $60 million.
- He was known as the club’s top scorer, with 28 goals during the 2018-19 season that paved the way for the club to win both the Serie A title and also the Italian Super Cup.
- He also has won FIFA’s Player of the Year five times and holds the record for the all-time leading goal scorer in the UEFA Champions League.
5) Lionel Messi
- Lionel Messi has been awarded both the FIFA’s Player of the Year and also the European Golden Shoe for being the top scorer on the continent for a record of six times.
- For now, he is playing for Barcelona because the contract is through 2020-21 and the agreement pays him over $80 million annually. He also has a lifelong deal with Adidas which increase his incomes.
- His spectacular 438 goals, including 36 hat tricks for Barcelona, is a club and La Liga record.
- Lionel Messi launched his own clothing line and also opened his first retail outlet known as The Messi Store, on the date of September 2019 in Barcelona.
- The World Health Organization collaborate with Lionel Messi in March 2020 so that he can help lead a worldwide campaign that aimed at stopping the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.