Connect with us

News

Youtube Restricts Trump Channel Another Week Amid Inauguration Violence Scare — Statement

Published

on

WASHINGTON, Jan. 20 — Youtube is restricting for at least another week uploads and comments on the channel of outgoing US President Donald Trump amid fears of violence ahead of the inauguration of his successor Joe Biden, reported Sputnik news agency.

“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will be prevented from uploading new videos or livestreams for an additional minimum of seven days.

“As we shared previously, comments will continue to be indefinitely disabled under videos from the channel,” Youtube’s parent company, Google, said in a statement.

Trump’s Youtube channel has been prevented from having new content and engagement with viewers in the aftermath of the January 6 riot at the US Capitol, where his supporters stormed the federal legislative assembly building in an attempt to stop lawmakers from certifying the election win of Biden.

Trump has been accused of inciting the attack, with a fiery speech he made to his supporters in the periphery of the Capitol just before the riot – a charge he has denied. Five people, including a policeman on duty and a female air force veteran who supported Trump, died in the attack.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation warned last week of planned armed protests at Biden’s inauguration in Washington on Wednesday and at all 50 US state capitals. Thousands of National Guard troops and law enforcers have been deployed to secure the capitals.

Source: BERNAMA

News

Myanmar: Protesters Stand Firm Despite Lethal Crackdown

Published

on

YANGON, March 4 – Amid palpable fear in Myanmar following  a deadly crackdown on anti-coup protests, people continued to gather in several cities on Thursday, taking precautions to protect themselves from an increasingly violent military junta.

Wednesday marked the bloodiest day in the country since the military’s Feb 1 power grab, with at least 38 people killed when security forces opened re on demonstrators in various areas.

Citizens, wary of more aggression by authorities yet undeterred, were seen taking a different approach on Thursday, gathering in neighbourhoods instead of main protest sites.

In Yangon, major roads and streets were blocked with makeshift barricades and sandbags to keep security forces at bay.

“It would be a killing field if we are together in large crowds. Instead, we are gathering in our own areas; this means the junta will have to deploy troops across the city,” said a protester in Ahlone township.

Demonstrations are also taking place in other parts of the country, including Mandalay and Monywa, where several people died in Wednesday’s violence.

More than 100,000 people were part of demonstrations on Thursday, according to local news outlet Monywa Gazette.

In Yangon’s North Okalapa area, at least 22 people were killed by security forces on Wednesday.

Khin Zaw Win, director of Yangon-based think tank Tamadipa Institute, said troops “acted like they were in a battlefield” while confronting protesters in Yangon.

“Police personnel and soldiers did not follow any standard operating procedures. They shot people indiscriminately. At some point, they even broke into and looted shops and houses,” he told Anadolu Agency over the phone.

Hundreds of people were also reportedly arrested in Yangon, including four volunteer rescue workers who were helping injured protesters in North Okalapa.

Source: BERNAMA

Continue Reading

News

Twin Sisters Found Success In Mobile Gaming For Women

Published

on

You have seen advertisements for games involving harems and dating simulations. That is the sub-genre for mobile games called ‘otome’, the Japanese word for a maiden.

Twin sisters, Anna, and Mizuki Nakajima have become multi-millionaires after their otome mobile game company rose on the stock market.

They combined stake in Coly, the firm they founded, and it launched to 15.2bn yen (RM570 million) last week.

Their games include Stand My Heroes and Promise of Wizard. They are free to download but include micro-transactions for extra storylines.

The market demand for otome games grew from 70 billion to 80 billion yen from 2019 to 2020.

Picture: Coly

The lack of software companies led by women means Coly’s success is a rarity and inspiration to women worldwide. The gaming industry has always been dubbed as a ‘boy’s club’ and the Nakajima’s success is highly unusual.

Serkan Toto, an analyst at Japanese gaming consultancy Kantan Games told the BBC, “The Nakajima twins did an exceptional job scaling their company so fast in such a hyper-competitive industry.”

According to business experts, it is still not easy to find your own way as a woman in the Japanese business world. Japan is a more male-dominated place.

With the Japanese anime style, Coly games rapidly grew in popularity, particularly in the US, China, and South Korea.

Source: BBC, Bloomberg

Continue Reading

News

LATEST: All Individuals Entering Sabah Must Have A Swab Test 3 Days Before Departure

Published

on

The government through the National Security Council (MKN) Special Session decided that all individuals who will enter Sabah must undergo a swab test within 3 days before travel.

Senior Minister (Security Cluster), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, said, only individuals with negative and non-symptomatic results are allowed to enter Sabah and there is no need to undergo quarantine.

Sources: BERNAMA TV, Twitter MINDEF Malaysia.

Continue Reading

Trending