KUCHING, Feb 18 — The State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) today declared Kampung Hilir, Sri Aman as the the latest rabies-infected area.
Sarawak Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas, who is also the SDMC chairman, said since the area is outside the 10 kilometre radius of any area previously declared as rabies-infected, this area becomes the 67th to be declared so.
“So far, the areas that have been declared as rabies infected are Kuching (seven), Sibu (two), Miri (six), Sarikei (five), Kapit (one), Bintulu (four), Samarahan (four), Betong ( three), Serian (22), Mukah (six), Limbang (one) and Sri Aman (6),” he said in a statement here, today.
Uggah said dog owners need to ensure their pets are injected with the anti-rabies vaccine annually.
Failure to do so may result in them being convicted under Section 40 of the Veterinary Public Health Ordinance 1999.
Myanmar: Protesters Stand Firm Despite Lethal Crackdown
YANGON, March 4 – Amid palpable fear in Myanmar following a deadly crackdown on anti-coup protests, people continued to gather in several cities on Thursday, taking precautions to protect themselves from an increasingly violent military junta.
Wednesday marked the bloodiest day in the country since the military’s Feb 1 power grab, with at least 38 people killed when security forces opened re on demonstrators in various areas.
Citizens, wary of more aggression by authorities yet undeterred, were seen taking a different approach on Thursday, gathering in neighbourhoods instead of main protest sites.
In Yangon, major roads and streets were blocked with makeshift barricades and sandbags to keep security forces at bay.
“It would be a killing field if we are together in large crowds. Instead, we are gathering in our own areas; this means the junta will have to deploy troops across the city,” said a protester in Ahlone township.
Demonstrations are also taking place in other parts of the country, including Mandalay and Monywa, where several people died in Wednesday’s violence.
More than 100,000 people were part of demonstrations on Thursday, according to local news outlet Monywa Gazette.
In Yangon’s North Okalapa area, at least 22 people were killed by security forces on Wednesday.
Khin Zaw Win, director of Yangon-based think tank Tamadipa Institute, said troops “acted like they were in a battlefield” while confronting protesters in Yangon.
“Police personnel and soldiers did not follow any standard operating procedures. They shot people indiscriminately. At some point, they even broke into and looted shops and houses,” he told Anadolu Agency over the phone.
Hundreds of people were also reportedly arrested in Yangon, including four volunteer rescue workers who were helping injured protesters in North Okalapa.
Twin Sisters Found Success In Mobile Gaming For Women
You have seen advertisements for games involving harems and dating simulations. That is the sub-genre for mobile games called ‘otome’, the Japanese word for a maiden.
Twin sisters, Anna, and Mizuki Nakajima have become multi-millionaires after their otome mobile game company rose on the stock market.
They combined stake in Coly, the firm they founded, and it launched to 15.2bn yen (RM570 million) last week.
Their games include Stand My Heroes and Promise of Wizard. They are free to download but include micro-transactions for extra storylines.
The market demand for otome games grew from 70 billion to 80 billion yen from 2019 to 2020.
The lack of software companies led by women means Coly’s success is a rarity and inspiration to women worldwide. The gaming industry has always been dubbed as a ‘boy’s club’ and the Nakajima’s success is highly unusual.
Serkan Toto, an analyst at Japanese gaming consultancy Kantan Games told the BBC, “The Nakajima twins did an exceptional job scaling their company so fast in such a hyper-competitive industry.”
According to business experts, it is still not easy to find your own way as a woman in the Japanese business world. Japan is a more male-dominated place.
With the Japanese anime style, Coly games rapidly grew in popularity, particularly in the US, China, and South Korea.
LATEST: All Individuals Entering Sabah Must Have A Swab Test 3 Days Before Departure
The government through the National Security Council (MKN) Special Session decided that all individuals who will enter Sabah must undergo a swab test within 3 days before travel.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, said, only individuals with negative and non-symptomatic results are allowed to enter Sabah and there is no need to undergo quarantine.
Pergerakan Keluar Masuk Ke Sabah
Semua individu yang akan memasuki Sabah melalui kesemua pintu masuk bagi urusan kerja atau lain-lain dengan kebenaran PDRM PERLU menjalani ujian swab test dalam tempoh tiga (3) hari sebelum perjalanan.
— MINDEF Malaysia (@MINDEFMalaysia) March 4, 2021
Lifestyle2 days ago
Boy Cries His Heart Out When His Younger Sister Went For First Day of School
Lifestyle3 days ago
Best Mosquito Killing Incense Shared By Malaysians, Bought On Shopee For RM1
Lifestyle6 days ago
Burger King Malaysia Is Back With The New ‘Hokkaido Salmon Mentaiko’ Burger
News6 days ago
Group of Dogs In Russia Experience A Mysterious Phenomenon, Turning Blue And Pink
News3 days ago
A Blind Nine Year-Old War-Zone School Teacher
Lifestyle6 days ago
(Video) Introducing ‘Pocket Angel’, An Easy-To-Use Personal Safety Alarm
News3 days ago
Woman Ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max From Apple, Receives An Apple Juice Instead
News2 days ago
Payment For Current I-Sinar Applications Begins Tuesday — EPF