There are just a few days left before the holy month of Ramadan finally arrived in the year 2021. With the granted permission of doing Tarawih Prayer this year according to the approved number of congregations and also with abiding by SOPs stated, hopefully, this year would be a better Ramadan experience for everyone in this whole wide world. During the month of Ramadan also, there would be a particular name that always being mentioned and famous and that is none other than ‘Yusuf Taiyoob’ with the iconic whispering style to say it.
Of course, this name would be well-known during the month of Ramadan because his company sells the best dates that ever found in Malaysia and they also come in wide variations for the customer to choose from. Little that people know, ‘Yusuf Taiyoob’ has a long history with bittersweet experiences before he finally becomes a mogul in business industries. This is actually the real story behind the famous name of ‘Yusuf Taiyoob’.
Datuk Seri Yusuf Taiyoob who is a native of Penang is also known as ‘Raja Kurma Malaysia’. Despite his brand that is now famous and also well-known, this businessman has previously faced a lot of failures. Here are eight facts about Yusuf Taiyoob shared by Sabri Jusoh via Facebook social media platform.
- Failed in his first-ever business of selling perfume specifically at Bayan Lepas International Airport in the year of 1977.
- Even at the young age of 19 years old, he already faced stress to the point of vomiting blood as a result of the failure from the first business.
- Resurrected the by running a cosmetics-related business, namely Yusuf Cosmetic in the year 1979. But only lasted for 2 years.
- In the year of 1988, he rose again by setting up this giant company registered in his own name that is Yusuf Taiyoob Sdn. Bhd.
- Now supplying 30 types of dates and more than 100 food products throughout Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and also Thailand.
- Yusuf Taiyoob’s most popular types of dates namely Waseem, Safiya, and also Safina are derived from the names of his own children.
- Yusuf Taiyoob Factory is located in Bukit Minyak Industrial Area which is a very strategic place, on the side of PLUS Highway. Whoever passed that, must not miss his magnificent factory.
- Obtained the title of Datuk in the year 2002.
What can everyone learn from the story of ‘Raja Kurma Malaysia’ would be, just because we fail once does not mean we will fail forever in our life. Nowadays, the dates from ‘Yusuf Taiyoob’ can directly be bought from its official website that is the Yusuf Taiyoob Website. Other than dates, there are also many things available there such as fruit juices, bakery ingredients, spices, canned product,s and many more.