If you have ever watched one of the well-known movies from Netflix called ‘Money Heist’, you will definitely feel amazed and also mind-blown on how strategically these people came out with this kind of heist without being caught by anyone. You might say that it is just a made-up thing because it is a movie, but there is actually a particular heist that happened in real life even in Malaysia. In addition, it is a gold heist and it happened in the year 1994.
The notorious gold heist actually was done by a group called ‘Mamak Gang’. This particular gang is a notorious Malaysian gang that has been active since the early 1990s. Originally they specialized in breaking into factories and also warehouses, but eventually, they switched to mainly carjacking and robbing motorists. The gang is most notorious for stealing RM 12 million worth of gold bars from the Malaysia Airlines cargo complex at the former Subang Airport on Merdeka Day 1994.
This has been considered to be one of the most daring robberies. The heist reportedly took only 20 minutes to execute and it happened on Independence Day. The impossible feat took place around midnight. On the 31st August 1994, when the nation was celebrating its 37th Merdeka Day, it was reported that the PDRM received an alarm at 5 AM and that gold bars worth RM12 million kept in the cargo of Subang International Airport had been stolen. A total of three security guards were found tied up. They said that they were talking to a ‘policeman’ when they were ambushed. Later, it was reported that the ‘policeman’ was actually a ‘Mamak Gang’ member in disguise.
The police department was under immense pressure to solve the crime so they put two of their best investigators that are Azinan Anan and Amidon Anan on it. The Anan brothers discovered similarities with previous robberies where the perpetrators impersonated police or authority figures and didn’t use weapons. The clues pointed to the ‘Mamak Gang’ led by two brothers who were said to be involved in thieving acts since they were young.
Even though the two brothers had been under the police radar for years prior, this heist came as a surprise. The police then chased down the ‘Mamak Gang’ members who became fugitives. Once, policemen spotted one of the suspects and a car chase led by Amidon Anan ensued but the suspects escaped. After months of tracking, the police finally arrested one of the gang leaders. They interrogated him and arrested another gang leader and rounded up around 20 ‘Mamak Gang’ members. However, the eldest leader of the gang was still at large.
After their arrests, the suspects were said to have told the police that the eldest leader was the mastermind of the heist. Planning started months before when the gang received information about the shipment of gold bars. They waited for Merdeka Day because it was the time when most airport employees were on leave and the security was less guarded, to strike. One of the siblings was the one who impersonated as a police officer. He tricked the security into bringing him to the warehouse where the gold bars were kept. The rest of the gang members then sprung into action, moving 300kg gold bars to their cars in record time.
The police were unable to retrieve all the gold bars because the gang had melted their identification mark away. Then, two of the brothers were charged. Not long after, the eldest brother was finally arrested and charged together with his brothers. However, there wasn’t enough evidence to convict them. Until one of the gang members decided to switch sides and become a witness. His testimony would have likely sealed the fate of the siblings.
But when the day of the trial came, the witness had gone missing mysteriously. The gang leaders were eventually found not guilty of the charges and released.
Sources: YouTube Samida Wendel
(Video) Darul Tahfiz DS VIDA Praised By Many As It Looks Clean And Complete With Facilities
As everyone in Malaysia knows, Dato’ Seri Dr. Hajah Vida or more affectionately known as DSV is actually one of the most well-known millionaire entrepreneurs. Previously, she rarely showed all the good deeds that she did on social media. This time around, she has decided to share a video that is full of meaning for everyone.
The particular video that she posted on her own Instagram social media platform shows the environment in her own Tahfiz and also the activities that they do together. The video has gained so much attention and also praised by many netizens all over Malaysia.
View this post on Instagram
DSV has a tahfiz center named Darul Tahfiz DS VIDA located in Ipoh, Perak, and in conjunction with the month of Ramadan, she will invite her ‘children’ at the tahfiz to perform tarawih prayers in congregation at her home. The posted video also shows the state of the tahfiz which is luxurious and complete, making her followers on the Instagram page shocked.
Each tahfiz student who enters there will not be charged any fees as all fees are fully borne by DSV itself. Looking at the comments section, many netizens are proud to see the success of DSV in opening a tahfiz center and some also seem interested in registering their children there.
Sources: Instagram Dato’ Seri Dr. Hajah Vida
Craving For Cincau? These Are 5 Delicious Recipes That You Can Make With It
Cincau is a jelly-like food that has a mild, slightly bitter taste but it is definitely delicious. It has been such a familiar ingredient that many people used in their recipes especially during Ramadan. Talking about cincau, the only recipe that would pop up in people’s minds would be none other than Sirap Cincau or even Bandung Cincau. Little do people know, there are actually so many simple recipes that can be made just by using cincau.
Cincau can be mostly used in any desserts and also beverages as they have this chewy texture that is very enjoyable to eat by everyone. In these modern days, people could be extra innovative and come out with so many new recipes that can be made by using cincau. These are 5 delicious recipes that can be made with them.
1) Cincau Pudding
- 2 cups cincau (coarsely chopped).
- 1 packet of powdered gelatin (10gm).
- 1 cup coconut milk.
- 1 can of evaporated creamer.
- 1 can of condensed milk.
- 1 cup water.
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Cincau chopped and place in a container. Put coconut milk, evaporated creamer, condensed milk, agar powder, and water into the pot and bring to a boil. After boiling, pour it into a container containing cincau. Let the pudding harden before storing it in the refrigerator.
2) Cincau Thai Green Tea
- 2 tablespoons Thai green tea powder.
- 1 glass of boiling hot water.
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 cup ice cubes.
- Soak the tea powder with hot water until the tea is fluffy.
- In a glass, stir in sweetened condensed milk using a teaspoon three times. Pour half a glass of green tea water and stir well.
- In another glass, fill the ice cubes and also the cincau that have been cut into small pieces. Pour in the green tea water mixture.
- Ready to be enjoyed.
3) Cincau Cream Crackers Pudding
- 10 grams of agar-agar powder.
- 250 grams of sugar.
- 5 pieces of cream crackers.
- 100 ml of evaporated creamer.
- 100 grams of cincau.
- 1 liter of water.
- 3-4 dots of pink dye.
- Combine agar-agar powder, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and pour 5 teaspoons of the mixture into a mold that has been moistened with water. Chop the cincau in it. You can also cut it. Let cool, and harden under a fan.
- For the rest of the mixture, add the evaporated creamer and the cracked cream cracker biscuits. Stir well. Open a small fire this time.
- When the cincau layer hardens, scoop half of the mixture and pour over the cincau layer. Let it freeze again.
- The last remaining, add 3-4 drops of pink dye. Stir well.
- Finally, pour the pink mixture after the milk layer has frozen. Cool first, before storing in the refrigerator.
- Ready to be served.
4) Cincau Strawberry Float
- Fanta Strawberry.
- Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Ice cube.
- Prepare the ingredients, put ice in a glass.
- Cut cincau into small pieces.
- Pour Fanta Strawberry into the glass and add 2 scoops of ice cream and place cincau as a topping.
5) Bandung Cincau White Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cincau.
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk.
- 3 tablespoons evaporated creamer.
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate.
- Ice cube.
- 50 ml of warm water.
- 1 teaspoon syrup.
- Prepare the material that we need.
- Prepare 50ml of warm water in a cup then add 1 teaspoon of syrup dye and stir until well combined.
- Add condensed milk and evaporated creamer and stir until it is well blended. Then add ice cubes and then add white chocolate topping and sprinkle cincau on top of it.
- It is ready to be served.
Muhyiddin Congratulates Pandelela On Winning Gold In World Cup
KUALA LUMPUR, May 6 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today congratulated national diving queen Pandelela Rinong for winning the gold medal in the women’s individual 10 meter (m) platform event at the 2021 FINA World Cup diving tournament in Japan, yesterday.
In his speech, which was uploaded on his official Facebook page, Muhyiddin said Pandelela’s hard work and commitment had ensured the Jalur Gemilang to continue to fly on the world stage.
“Congratulations! Malaysia is proud of you,” he said.
The 28 -year -old athlete displayed an energetic and convincing dive to top the final which took place at the Tokyo Aquatic Center, Japan, by collecting 355.70 points after completing seven dives.
The success of winning the gold made Pandelela the only athlete to contribute a medal for the national diving team that took on the challenge to the World Cup this time.
Earlier, in the semi -finals, Pandelela finished third with 333.00 points behind Caeli Mckay of Canada, who scored 343.85 points, while Andrea Spendolini Siriex was in second place with 336.00 points.
Pandelela, Leong Mun Yee, Wendy Ng Yan Yee, Nur Dhabitah Sabri and Cheong Jun Hoong will take on the national challenge in the diving event at the Tokyo Olympic Games scheduled on July 23 to Aug 8.
News2 days ago
Bill And Melinda Gates Announce Divorce After 27 Years
Lifestyle3 days ago
World’s First ‘Floating’ Sky Pool To Open 115 Feet Above London In May
Lifestyle6 days ago
(Video) Remembering ‘El Risitas’, This Is The Story of How The Popular Meme Began
Health3 days ago
What Important Things You Should Know About AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) The Mysterious Story of How ‘Servis Sidek’ Shockingly Got Banned
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) Amazing Malaysian Wife Can Do It All, Praised And Loved By Her Husband
Lifestyle2 days ago
The Grief History of ‘Puteri Zaleha’, The White Blooded Princess That Got Hid
Sport3 days ago
Michael Owen On Why He Didn’t Socialize With Beckham While At Real Madrid