KUALA LUMPUR, 21 April — Fasting during Ramadan will definitely make one to easily feel lethargic, hungry and sleepy, but it is not an excuse to not exercise.
As such, the question of choosing food is very important to ensure the body gets all the necessary nutrients, thus helping to maintain fitness during the fasting period.
According to Professor Dr Suzana Shahar of the Nutrition and Dietetics Centre for Healthy Ageing and Wellness, Faculty of Health Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, having sahur (pre-dawn meal) is very important to provide energy during fasting and to keep the body energetic throughout the day.
She said taking ‘slow release carbohydrate’ food is encouraged as the sugar that is released turns into energy.
“We are encouraged to consume food with complex carbohydrate such as rice, bread or whole meal biscuits and oats because they take longer to digest, thus help to reduce hunger.
“It should also be followed by protein-based food that will help provide a longer feeling of fullness, as well as vegetables and fruits , for fiber to slow down digestion,” she told Bernama.
She said taking a balanced diet during sahur can make a person stay energetic for about 14 hours.
Apart from that, Suzana, who is also the Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences UKM, said drinking a lot of water is also necessary as the body will lose fluid during the fasting period.
“One should drink a lot of water, of eight glasses a day during fasting and to avoid caffeinated drinks and food that is high in salt because it will speed up the process of losing fluid in the body,” she added.
Meanwhile, Fitness Trainer Mohd Arif Afifi Mohamad Sukri, 29, said fasting should not be used as an obstacle to do physical activities, like doing low intensity exercises such as brisk walking, jogging or going up and down stairs.
However, he said it should be done according to one’s ability to avoid unwanted incidents such as dehydration or fainting, apart from being able to maintain stamina and fitness.
“The best time to exercise is about 30 minutes to an hour before breaking the fast because fluid that is lost in the body can be replaced immediately after breaking the fast,” he added.
For popular singer Muhammad Alif Mohd Satar, 31, who is better known as Alif Satar, he does a lot of low -intensity exercises such as planks and push ups after Tarawih prayers to maintain his fitness, as well as to drink plenty of plain water to prevent dehydration.
“However, I stopped cardio training such as cycling and running for a while, because at this time we don’t eat enough so we don’t burn many calories,” he added.
Alif, who managed to finish the 2019 Langkawi Ironman Championship in 15 hours, also adopted a style of eating often and in small quantities after breaking fast.
(Video) Darul Tahfiz DS VIDA Praised By Many As It Looks Clean And Complete With Facilities
As everyone in Malaysia knows, Dato’ Seri Dr. Hajah Vida or more affectionately known as DSV is actually one of the most well-known millionaire entrepreneurs. Previously, she rarely showed all the good deeds that she did on social media. This time around, she has decided to share a video that is full of meaning for everyone.
The particular video that she posted on her own Instagram social media platform shows the environment in her own Tahfiz and also the activities that they do together. The video has gained so much attention and also praised by many netizens all over Malaysia.
View this post on Instagram
DSV has a tahfiz center named Darul Tahfiz DS VIDA located in Ipoh, Perak, and in conjunction with the month of Ramadan, she will invite her ‘children’ at the tahfiz to perform tarawih prayers in congregation at her home. The posted video also shows the state of the tahfiz which is luxurious and complete, making her followers on the Instagram page shocked.
Each tahfiz student who enters there will not be charged any fees as all fees are fully borne by DSV itself. Looking at the comments section, many netizens are proud to see the success of DSV in opening a tahfiz center and some also seem interested in registering their children there.
Sources: Instagram Dato’ Seri Dr. Hajah Vida
Craving For Cincau? These Are 5 Delicious Recipes That You Can Make With It
Cincau is a jelly-like food that has a mild, slightly bitter taste but it is definitely delicious. It has been such a familiar ingredient that many people used in their recipes especially during Ramadan. Talking about cincau, the only recipe that would pop up in people’s minds would be none other than Sirap Cincau or even Bandung Cincau. Little do people know, there are actually so many simple recipes that can be made just by using cincau.
Cincau can be mostly used in any desserts and also beverages as they have this chewy texture that is very enjoyable to eat by everyone. In these modern days, people could be extra innovative and come out with so many new recipes that can be made by using cincau. These are 5 delicious recipes that can be made with them.
1) Cincau Pudding
- 2 cups cincau (coarsely chopped).
- 1 packet of powdered gelatin (10gm).
- 1 cup coconut milk.
- 1 can of evaporated creamer.
- 1 can of condensed milk.
- 1 cup water.
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Cincau chopped and place in a container. Put coconut milk, evaporated creamer, condensed milk, agar powder, and water into the pot and bring to a boil. After boiling, pour it into a container containing cincau. Let the pudding harden before storing it in the refrigerator.
2) Cincau Thai Green Tea
- 2 tablespoons Thai green tea powder.
- 1 glass of boiling hot water.
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 cup ice cubes.
- Soak the tea powder with hot water until the tea is fluffy.
- In a glass, stir in sweetened condensed milk using a teaspoon three times. Pour half a glass of green tea water and stir well.
- In another glass, fill the ice cubes and also the cincau that have been cut into small pieces. Pour in the green tea water mixture.
- Ready to be enjoyed.
3) Cincau Cream Crackers Pudding
- 10 grams of agar-agar powder.
- 250 grams of sugar.
- 5 pieces of cream crackers.
- 100 ml of evaporated creamer.
- 100 grams of cincau.
- 1 liter of water.
- 3-4 dots of pink dye.
- Combine agar-agar powder, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and pour 5 teaspoons of the mixture into a mold that has been moistened with water. Chop the cincau in it. You can also cut it. Let cool, and harden under a fan.
- For the rest of the mixture, add the evaporated creamer and the cracked cream cracker biscuits. Stir well. Open a small fire this time.
- When the cincau layer hardens, scoop half of the mixture and pour over the cincau layer. Let it freeze again.
- The last remaining, add 3-4 drops of pink dye. Stir well.
- Finally, pour the pink mixture after the milk layer has frozen. Cool first, before storing in the refrigerator.
- Ready to be served.
4) Cincau Strawberry Float
- Fanta Strawberry.
- Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Ice cube.
- Prepare the ingredients, put ice in a glass.
- Cut cincau into small pieces.
- Pour Fanta Strawberry into the glass and add 2 scoops of ice cream and place cincau as a topping.
5) Bandung Cincau White Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cincau.
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk.
- 3 tablespoons evaporated creamer.
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate.
- Ice cube.
- 50 ml of warm water.
- 1 teaspoon syrup.
- Prepare the material that we need.
- Prepare 50ml of warm water in a cup then add 1 teaspoon of syrup dye and stir until well combined.
- Add condensed milk and evaporated creamer and stir until it is well blended. Then add ice cubes and then add white chocolate topping and sprinkle cincau on top of it.
- It is ready to be served.
Muhyiddin Congratulates Pandelela On Winning Gold In World Cup
KUALA LUMPUR, May 6 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today congratulated national diving queen Pandelela Rinong for winning the gold medal in the women’s individual 10 meter (m) platform event at the 2021 FINA World Cup diving tournament in Japan, yesterday.
In his speech, which was uploaded on his official Facebook page, Muhyiddin said Pandelela’s hard work and commitment had ensured the Jalur Gemilang to continue to fly on the world stage.
“Congratulations! Malaysia is proud of you,” he said.
The 28 -year -old athlete displayed an energetic and convincing dive to top the final which took place at the Tokyo Aquatic Center, Japan, by collecting 355.70 points after completing seven dives.
The success of winning the gold made Pandelela the only athlete to contribute a medal for the national diving team that took on the challenge to the World Cup this time.
Earlier, in the semi -finals, Pandelela finished third with 333.00 points behind Caeli Mckay of Canada, who scored 343.85 points, while Andrea Spendolini Siriex was in second place with 336.00 points.
Pandelela, Leong Mun Yee, Wendy Ng Yan Yee, Nur Dhabitah Sabri and Cheong Jun Hoong will take on the national challenge in the diving event at the Tokyo Olympic Games scheduled on July 23 to Aug 8.
News2 days ago
Bill And Melinda Gates Announce Divorce After 27 Years
Lifestyle3 days ago
World’s First ‘Floating’ Sky Pool To Open 115 Feet Above London In May
Lifestyle6 days ago
(Video) Remembering ‘El Risitas’, This Is The Story of How The Popular Meme Began
Health3 days ago
What Important Things You Should Know About AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) Amazing Malaysian Wife Can Do It All, Praised And Loved By Her Husband
Lifestyle2 days ago
The Grief History of ‘Puteri Zaleha’, The White Blooded Princess That Got Hid
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) The Mysterious Story of How ‘Servis Sidek’ Shockingly Got Banned
Lifestyle7 days ago
Once Famous Now Abandoned, Haunted ‘Mimaland’ Water Theme Park