HANOI, May 6 — The COVID-19 development in several countries in the ASEAN region remain complicated, Vietnam News Agency (VNA) reported.
In Laos, the Health Ministry had confirmed 46 new COVID-19 cases on May 5, mostly in Vientiane and Bokeo province with 19 and 15 cases, respectively.
From May 4, the Lao government decided to apply lockdown for additional 15 days until May 20.
So far, Laos has discovered 1,072 COVID-19 cases, including 99 recoveries and no death.
Meanwhile in Thailand, the pandemic is still developing complicatedly with 2,112 new cases confirmed on May 5 and 15 deaths, raising the total cases to 74,000 cases, with 318 deaths.
Bangkok is still a hot spot of COVID-19 with 789 cases, VNA reported.
In Indonesia, 155,000 soldiers and policemen will be deployed within the framework of Operation Ketupat Jaya 2021 from May 6 to 17 to minimise the spreading of COVID-19 during the Muslims Eid al-Fitr holidays from May 13 to 14.
Some 4,276 personnel will be stationed in the capital city and its adjoining areas. The Jakarta Police will deploy these personnel at 14 isolation points and 17 check points.
The Operation Ketupat Jaya 2021 is being conducted to block access to and from Jabodetabek, to maintain security, and to monitor the implementation of health protocols to stem the transmission of the coronavirus disease before, during, and after Eid al-Fitr, among others.
Meanwhile, spokesperson for the COVID-19 Handling Task Force Wiku Adisasmito armed that all forms of homecoming activities, including the local homecoming, are banned during Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr to lower the rate of COVID-19 infection.
At the same time, Malaysia’s capital city of Kuala Lumpur will re-apply movement control order (MCO) from May 7. This will be the third time the city is placed in MCO to control the COVID-19 pandemic.
Malaysian Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said that the order is given after 17 new clusters were recorded.
The order will be applied until May 20. Food premises, such as restaurants, food trucks, hawkers and kiosks, are allowed to operate from 6am to midnight only. Dine-ins are not allowed and food served are for delivery and takeaways only.
Malaysia on May 5 logged 3,744 new cases in the last 24 hours to bring the total to 424,376. There were 17 more deaths, bringing the total fatalities to 1,591.
The MCO was applied for the first time on March 18, 2020 and the second time on January 13, 2021.
The same day, Executive Secretary of the Philippine Presidential Office Salvador Medialdea said that the Southeast Asian country will ban tourists from Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh from May 7 to 14 as part of efforts to prevent the entry of SARS-CoV-2 variants found in India.
Travellers coming directly from those countries, or with a history of travel to any of them within the last 14 days, would be barred from entering, he said.
Earlier, the Philippines banned travellers from India from April 29 to May 14.
On May 5, the country confirmed 5,685 new COVID-19 cases and 178 deaths, raising the count to more than 1 million with 17,800 deaths.
In Cambodia, VNA reported that Prime Minister Hun Sen had on May 5 ordered to vaccinate more than 52,000 people in all areas in the red zones of Phnom Penh with COVID-19 vaccines, with the administration of the rst dose to be completed soon and the second dose to commence once the stipulated time frame has been
To date, more than 1.5 million people have been vaccinated with either Sinopharm, Sinovac or Covishield (AstraZenacca vaccines) since February 10.
The same day, the Cambodian Ministry of Health confirmed 672 new cases, raising the total cases to 16,971, including 110 deaths.
Parents Seek Help For 11-Month-Old Baby With Heart Disease
IPOH, June 15 — It has been a struggle for survival for a married couple here, who currently has no source of income due to the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO).
Julia Mohd Ali, 34, who suffers from spinal cord disease, said she used to work as a security guard, but was forced to quit her job in last March as her health deteriorated.
The mother of five said life gets hard for her family after her husband Mohamad Syamrezlan Misak, 22, a contract labourer, could not go to work due to the implementation of the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Manjoi, from June 6 to 19.
To make matters worse for the couple, they have to take care of their two children who have health conditions and require help as well as treatment.
“I have four children from my previous marriage. Three of them live with my ex-husband, while my eldest son Nor Aiman Fitri, 16, who has Dyslexia and learning disabilities is currently under my care,” she said when met by Bernama at his rented house in Kampung Tengku Hussein, Manjoi.
Julia said her child from the current marriage, Raisha Aleeya, 11 months, was diagnosed with clogged arteries three months ago.
“Every six weeks, I have to take my baby who also suffers from epilepsy to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital for examination. She is also scheduled to undergo a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan this August,” she said.
Despite the hardship, Julia said she was very grateful for the concern demonstrated by a non-governmental organisation which has agreed to help her in paying the house rental which costs her RM300 a month for three months.
Meanwhile, Kinta district Social Welfare officer Shamsudin Osman said the Social Welfare Department (JKM) would look at the suitable assistance that could be channelled to the family.
“We will visit them to provide the food box aid. We will provide the necessary assistance to the family accoding to their needs,” he said when contacted by Bernama.
Besides Christian Eriksen, These Are 5 Other Footballers Who Have Collapsed On The Field
Recently, the sports world has been bearing shocking news when an unconscious Christian Eriksen received CPR on the turf of Parken Stadium. The incident in which his teammates attempting to form a protective ring to keep his motionless body out of sight really makes everyone worried. It really made everyone worries as seasoned football fans have seen this in the past and the outcome has almost never been nice.
Luckily, the condition of Christian Eriksen is now stabilized. He is under the best possible medical care and most importantly, alive. Other than this particular incident, there are also some other footballers who have collapsed on the field. These are 5 of the most remembered incident that has ever happened before.
1) Fabrice Muamba
The Bolton Wanderers midfielder collapsed on the pitch in an FA Cup match in 2012 due to a cardiac arrest and was technically “dead” for 78 minutes before he was revived. The former England under-21 midfielder had to retire soon after at the age of 24.
2) Marc-Vivien Foe
The Cameroon midfielder collapsed during a Confederations Cup match in 2003. Medical staff attempted to resuscitate the 28-year-old on the pitch before taking him off on a stretcher. However, they failed in their attempts to restart his heart and he was pronounced dead.
3) Cheick Tiote
Four months after leaving Newcastle United, the midfielder fainted during a training session with Chinese club Beijing Enterprises. The 30-year-old Ivorian died in hospital.
4) Bafetimbi Gomis
The French striker has collapsed several times on the pitch due to a medical condition that causes him to faint. He has collapsed playing for Swansea City, Galatasaray, and Al-Hilal.
5) Miklos Feher
The Hungary striker was playing for Portuguese side Benfica against Vitoria Guimaraes in January 2004 when he keeled over in pain before falling backward onto the pitch after a heart attack. Medics attempted to resuscitate the unconscious 24-year-old before he was taken off on a stretcher and rushed to the hospital. Doctors tried to revive him for nearly 90 minutes before he was pronounced dead.
Sources: The Straits Times.
1,357,966 Individuals Fully Vaccinated As of Yesterday – Dr Adham
KUALA LUMPUR, June 14 — A total of 1,357,966 individuals have completed the two-dose vaccination under the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme as of yesterday, said Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba.
Dr Adham in a Twitter posting said, 3,132,304 individuals received the first dose, bringing the number of doses administered in Malaysia so far to 4,490,270.
The five states with the highest number of two-dose vaccinations are Selangor with 174,302 doses followed by Sarawak (149,227); Perak (131,350); Johor (130,202); and Kuala Lumpur (122,810).
As of yesterday, 56.80 per cent or 13,789,736 individuals have registered for the vaccination with Selangor leading the sign-up for jabs at 3,508,098 people followed by Johor (1,720,532), Sarawak (1,320,513) and Kuala Lumpur (1,166,135).
Lifestyle5 days ago
(Video) Haunted ‘Tambun Inn’ In Ipoh, Located Near An Old Chinese Cemetery
Lifestyle6 days ago
The Story of ‘Osama’, A 16ft-Long Killer Croc That Killed 80 Villagers
Lifestyle5 days ago
(Video) By The Power of Grayskull, ‘Masters of the Universe: Revelation’ Gets Official Teaser!
Lifestyle7 days ago
YouTube Review: The Truth Behind ‘Slender Man’, The Uncanny Internet Monster
Lifestyle6 days ago
(Video) Elizabeth Olsen Casually Revealed, She’s Married To Her Partner Robbie Arnett
Lifestyle5 days ago
Food Review: Unforgettable Taste of Starbuck’s Chocolate and Strawberry Choux Cream Frappuccino Drinks
Lifestyle6 days ago
Shop Review: Bedazzle Your Room With This Shop’s Fascinating Decorative Lights
Lifestyle6 days ago
‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ Finally Revealed A Photo of A New Feathered Dinosaur