When it comes to snakes, there are definitely many who show various reactions to these reptiles. Some are scared and some are amused. However, one video clip that is now viral on social media is sure to change the perception of individuals who don’t like snakes.
Through a video uploaded on The Reptile Zoo’s Instagram page, a snake named My Love caught the attention of many because it has colorful scales like a rainbow.
At first, the scales of the snake appear blue but if viewed closely, it actually has many colors. In fact, the color is brighter and shines when exposed to light reflection.
The video went viral with many social media users fascinated by the beauty and uniqueness of the snake known as the rainbow snake. The rainbow snake or known as farancia erytrogramma is a large, non -venomous species of colubrid snake commonly found in the southeastern United States.
View this post on Instagram
Amazing But Endangered Species, Getting Know The Mysterious Pallas’s Cat!
Who doesn’t love cats? There’s no doubt that many individuals all around the world enjoy the company of cats. This is due to the fact that cats are not only cute, but they are smart, funny and mischievous animals to care for, and there are so many different breeds to select from. Surprisingly, there are over 70 different cat breeds on the globe.
One breed, however, has become the star of Youtube videos and memes on the internet. The Pallas’ cat or also known as Otocolobus manul, is a small wildcat with a distinctive and endearing appearance: a flattened and rounded face, stocky physique, and extraordinary fluffiness give it a stout and plush appearance.
The body of these little cats is stocky, with thick, silky fur and an abundance of dark, woolly underfur that is twice as long as the rest of the body. The hair is light grey to yellowish buff and russet in color, with white tips that give it a frosted appearance. There are some faint stripes down the sides of the body, and the bottom fur is darker and longer than the top.
Their environment has a harsh climate with minimal rainfall, low humidity, and a broad variety of temperatures. The steppe grassland regions of Mongolia, China, and the Tibetan Plateau are their primary habitat. They have been found in the rocky desert and cold, arid habitats of the dry grassland steppes mixed with stone outcrops at elevations of up to 4,800 meters.
This little cat eats a variety of rodents, birds, insects, reptiles, and even dead animals. They must crouch low and get near to their prey before pouncing because they are not swift. They move in short bursts before resting low on the ground while foraging to avoid becoming prey to eagles, wolves, red foxes, or dogs.
Apart from their pretty face and lifestyles, here are some interesting facts to know about the Pallas’s Cat:
1. Goes by the name Manul- In 1776, German naturalist Peter Pallas categorized the cat as Felis manul. The Mongolian language is the source of the word ‘manul.’ Otocolobus, its current scientific name, is derived from the Greek language and means ‘ugly-eared.’ Pallas incorrectly assumed the cat was the origin of the domestic Persian breed because of its long fur, robust physique, and flattened face when he first described it.
2. The fluffiness is an illusion of size- Pallas’ cats have stocky bodies and long, dense coats, giving them the appearance of being larger and heavier than they are. They’re roughly the size of domestic cats, with a body length of up to 26 inches and a weight of around 10 pounds.
3. They have unusual pupils- Pallas’ cats’ pupils compress into little circles rather than vertical slits, unlike other cats.
4. Very particular about their habitat- They can be found from western Iran to western China in Central Asia. Pallas’ cats like the cold and arid conditions of stony steppes and grasslands at elevations of up to 15,000 feet within this area.
5. They are ambush hunters-They hunt their prey utilizing short foliage and rocky terrain as cover, or they wait at burrow openings for their prey to leave and pounce. Pikas, as well as other tiny rodents, birds, and the occasional insect, are the major prey of Pallas’ cats.
Unexpected! The Doll From ‘Squid Game’ Is Actually From A Real Village!
Lately, the recent hit South Korean series called ‘Squid Game’ has been such a craze for many people all over the world. One particular scene from the series would definitely be the ‘Red Light, Green Light’ game. In the game, there is an appearance of a creepy-looking doll that would host the game. Little did people know, the doll is actually a doll that comes from a real village. The doll resides in Chungcheongbok-do, a rural area of South Korea’s Jincheon County.
The doll truly belonged to the horse carriage village there. Jincheon County is actually just a bit method up from Seoul and also could be reached in about 2-3 hours by automobile or even bus. The county has a village and museum for horse carriages referred to as Macha Land. For the doll, it now stands tall close to the doorway at the moment.
The producers of the ‘Squid Game’ borrowed the particular doll for filming. Then, the doll was returned to the village after filming. According to residents, it was already there earlier than ‘Squid Game’ was filmed. The manufacturing group borrowed it briefly and returned it after. Unfortunately, it appears that evidently the doll is at the moment lacking a hand. It had each in the course of the drama, however, upon return, was gone. No clarification was given up.
Fascinating! ‘Lip Plate’ A Rare Trait of Beauty By The Mursi Tribe!
What is the definition of beauty? Have you ever considered how different cultures’ views on beauty are? The fact that beauty does not merely mean ‘fair and flawless’. If you must know, like beliefs and practices, every culture has its own way of portraying beauty.
Speaking of that, have you ever heard about the Mursi tribe? They live in Ethiopia’s Omo Valley, a remote region. They are one among the remaining tribes to still dress and accessorize in traditional garb. This tribe has a unique way of portraying its beauty. While make-up and famous skincare products are the crowns of most women, for the Mursi women, a wooden lip plate is their symbol of beauty and identity.
@ervi.junik kan? #PDPR #TikTokGuru #SejarahGuru #LearnOnTikTok
When a girl reaches the age of 15 or 16, her lower lip is sliced and held open by a sodden plug until it heals. It is up to the girl to decide how far the lip should be extended. The excruciatingly painful procedure can take months. Clearly, there’s no beauty without pain, isn’t it?
Unmarried girls and newlywed women are more likely to use lip plates than older married women with children. They are typically worn when serving men food, milking cows, and performing major rituals such as weddings.
Here are some of what the lip plate symbolizes:
1. It symbolizes beauty
2. Because it is worn with pride when bringing food to the husband, it symbolizes a dedication to him. Because a woman’s exterior beauty is considered to deteriorate once her spouse dies, the lip plate is removed after he dies.
3. The Mursi identifying plate is a powerful visual marker. They risk being mistaken for a member of another tribe if they don’t have it.
Lifestyle7 days ago
Shop Review: ‘Ohh Nak’, The Ultimate Place To Get Fresh Durian Crepe
Lifestyle1 day ago
Interesting Story About Japan’s Mystical Creature, ‘Gashadokuro’!
Lifestyle2 days ago
(Video) Did You Know? These Are 5 Malay Words Slowly Getting Forgotten In Time
Lifestyle24 hours ago
(Video) Learn Our History! These Are Some Other Malay Words Forgotten In Time!
Lifestyle1 day ago
(Video) Shop Owner Shares Hilarious Order Received, Comes In Paragraph!
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) ‘Deepfake’ And ‘Shallowfake’? Here Is What You Need To Know!
Lifestyle6 days ago
(Video) Amazing Architecture! All The Main Gateway In Every State In Malaysia
Lifestyle6 days ago
Food Review: Pleasing To The Eyes And The Taste, New ‘Love Rose Cornetto’