The Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games are actually a major international multi-sport parasports event governed by the International Paralympic Committee. Scheduled as the 16th Summer Paralympic Games, they are currently ongoing in Tokyo, Japan between 24 August and 5 September 2021. It will see the introduction of badminton and taekwondo to the Paralympic. It was originally scheduled to take place between 25th of August and 6th of September 2020.
Unfortunately, both the Olympics and Paralympics were postponed to 2021 in March 2020 as a result of none other than the COVID-19 pandemic, and is held largely behind closed doors with no public spectators permitted due to a state of emergency in the Tokyo region. The events are still being branded as Tokyo 2020 for marketing purposes.
These are 10 interesting facts to know about the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games:
1) Tokyo is the first city to host the Paralympic Games for a second time. They first hosted the Games in 1964 while the second-ever Paralympic Games to be held following on from Rome in 1960.
2) There are two mascots for Tokyo 2020, one for the Olympic Games and one for the Paralympic Games. The Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games mascot is called SOMEITY with mighty powers and cherry blossom tactile sensors. Both mascots are modeled on aspects of Japanese culture and were designed by Japanese students.
3) A total of 44 hectares of land will be used for the Paralympic Village, with magnificent views over Tokyo Bay. It is located around Harumi Pier in the fast-developing waterfront area of Tokyo, where the Heritage Zone and Tokyo Bay Zone of the Tokyo 2020 concept meet.
4) Known for embracing technological advances, the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games will be no different. Athletes and spectators arriving in Tokyo will be greeted by robots and there are even robotic baggage assistants and a fleet of driverless cars.
5) The new futuristic National Stadium will have 80,000 seats and host the Opening and Closing Ceremonies as well as Para-athletics competitions. It replaced the old National Stadium which was demolished in December 2014 to make way for the construction of the new stadium which began in October 2015.
6) Even though Tokyo is an old city, the architecture is mostly modern due to events such as earthquakes and wartime bombings destroying many of the original buildings. The climate in Tokyo is considered ‘humid subtropical’. Summers are hot and humid and winter is cool with cold periods and snow in some areas.
7) The current Paralympic motto is ‘Spirit in Motion’. This was introduced at the Athens 2004 Paralympic Games. The previous motto, introduced in 1994, was ‘Mind, Body, Spirit’.
8) The Paralympic flag has a white background with the Paralympic symbol in the center. The symbol is composed of three crescent shapes colored red, blue, and green. It is a symbol of movement in the shape of an asymmetrical crescent. As with the Olympic flag, the colors chosen are those represented most widely in national flags around the world.
9) For the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, the design of the medal features a traditional Japanese fan motif, which depicts the Paralympic Games as the source of a fresh new wind refreshing the world as well as a shared experience connecting diverse hearts and minds. The pivot point, known as kaname in Japanese, holds all parts of the fan together representing the Para athletes bringing people together regardless of nationality or ethnicity. The vitality of people’s hearts symbolizing Japan’s captivating and life-giving natural environment in the form of rocks, flowers, wood, leaves, and water have been depicted by the motifs on the leaves. The surface is created with slight differences in thickness and each natural element is portrayed with varied treatments, giving a unique feel to the touch.
10) The Tokyo 2020 Paralympic medal will also feature “Tokyo 2020” in braille on the obverse side of the medal. A series of circular indentations are also carved on the side of the medals – one for gold, two for silver, three for bronze, making it easier to distinguish the metal types by touch, a provision that has been made available for the first time in Paralympic history for athletes with a vision impairment.
Kayda Aziz Launches Merdeka-Themed Music Video With Shopee
KUALA LUMPUR, 27 Aug – Malaysian rapper Kayda Aziz is set to launch a new music video with Shopee on Merdeka Day as part of the e-commerce platform’s #ShopeeSapotLokal campaign. Malaysians as well as fans of Kayda can tune in to Shopee Malaysia’s Facebook and Instagram pages, or YouTube channel, on 31 August to catch the music video.
Kayda Aziz shared, “Working on the Merdeka Day campaign with Shopee has been a delightful and eye-opening experience for me. I got really inspired when I found out about some of our successful Malaysian entrepreneurs who have been selling their products on Shopee. I’m honoured to come up with the lyrics and I feel that the future for Malaysian e-commerce is very promising.”
She added that to be given the opportunity by Shopee was a humbling experience for her. “Working with their team was overall smooth as they trusted my songwriting process and understood my style of expression in music. Despite a few limitations because of the pandemic, I am proud that we could still manage our ways to come together in completing this project while we followed strict SOPs during recording, shooting an animation video featuring local entrepreneurs. I am truly happy with the outcome of it.”
Aptly titled #ShopeeSapotLokal, the music video depicts an animated version of six members of the local seller community on Shopee in an outer space theme as a way of paying tribute to how they aimed for and landed on the moon with their businesses. Metaphorically, that is.
The sellers are Amirah Norman (PotonGuler®️), Zeeda Aziz (Pasar Kedah), Jamie Thoo (Babymart), Juhairi Aziz (Viraller), Farah Suhaimi (Intan Kek Lapis Sarawak) and Kiridaren Jayakumar (Kedai Buku Bibliophile) with unique, inspiring stories to tell. With lyrics written by Kayda herself, she raps about the efforts and e-commerce journey of these sellers, while reminding everyone to not give up and believe in themselves.
The animated music video is part of the #ShopeeSapotLokal initiative which the e-commerce platform has launched to provide dedicated assistance and to celebrate the local seller community. To amplify the support, there will also be Shop Malaysia Online (SMO) and Go-eCommerce site takeovers on 31 August and 16 September respectively, where Malaysians will receive upsized vouchers offering discounts of up to 31% when purchasing from Malaysian sellers during these two days.
SMO and Go-eCommerce are e-commerce initiatives by the Ministry of Finance (MOF), with the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) tasked at driving the campaign from now till 31 December 2021.
Kenneth Soh, Senior Manager (Marketing) of Shopee Malaysia said, “Shopee seeks to continuously empower our local sellers as part of our commitment to further the country’s digitalisation efforts. This video allows us to share the success stories of our sellers to inspire others in a fun way whilst encouraging Malaysians to support local businesses. On top of that, it was an honour working with Malaysian rap songstress Kayda Aziz in bringing this music video to life with her lyrics, vocal prowess and great personality. Kayda, together with the team at Shopee, have given birth to a masterpiece which I am excited as a Malaysian for everyone to watch. I hope everyone will lend our local sellers and Kayda their support when the music video is launched. To this end, I wish my fellow Malaysians Selamat Hari Merdeka.”
In the spirit of Merdeka and unity, Shopee will be hosting a series of documentaries on Shopee Live, in partnership with the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS). The Dari Merdeka ke Malaysia screenings portray the country’s journey towards independence and the formation of Malaysia, together with the rich heritage and culture of Malaysians. They will be streamed on Shopee Live at 9.30PM on 30 and 31 August, continued by 6, 7, 13, 14 and 16 September.
The #ShopeeSapotLokal music video and campaign as well as Dari Merdeka ke Malaysia are in conjunction with the Shopee 9.9 Super Shopping Day, currently taking place till 9 September. Shoppers can look forward to claiming Free Shipping and 99% Coins Cashback vouchers, both with no minimum spend. Users can also stand a chance to win a brand new Mercedes-Benz by participating in the Play & Win Mercedes-Benz game by collecting golden tickets daily.
For more details and offers happening during the Shopee 9.9 Super Shopping Day, visit https://shopee.com.my/m/99
(Video) What’s His Secret? Amir Khan’s Life Changing Diet Plan!
Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan is a Bollywood actor, singer, director, filmmaker, and TV talk show host from India. Khan has established himself as one of the most prominent and important performers in Indian cinema during the course of his 30-year career in Hindi films.
If you pay close attention, you will notice that the size of his body varies in the movies he acted in. From being bulky to muscular, Khan applied a simple diet plan which only took 9 months to transform himself. Hard to believe, but it actually worked!
Here are some of his secrets:
@syimaaffandi##shouldbeme diet amir khaan ##amirkhan ##jombelajar ##learnontiktok ##tiktokguru ##bollywood
#1- Khan does not take carbohydrates after 8 pm
#2- He eats 6 meals a day in a small portion
#3- Keen in eating chapatti
#4-Khan consumes apple and banana before his workout session
#5- He avoids dairy products
#6- Drinks plenty of water every day
#7-Always eat fruits and vegetables as snacks
#8- For dinner, Khan eats Tandoori chicken with 4 eggs
#9- Khan prefers consuming food that is cooked with only 3 spoons of olive oil
Sources: TikTok Syima Affandi
Did You Know? These 10 Teas Can Help Keep Your Skin Clear And Glowing!
‘No matter where you are in the world, you are at home when tea is served’- Earlene Grey. For centuries, tea has been used for numerous medicinal purposes. Even today, tea is used to improve and protect our health. The good thing now is that we have various ways to make our teas not just tasty and beneficial for our health but also for our skin.
These teas are not only for drinking but you can apply them directly to your skin for better effects. Here are the 10 best teas for clear and glowing skin
1. Chamomile Tea
Because sleep is so important for keeping a healthy complexion, chamomile may be the most popular skin tea. When you don’t get enough sleep, your mirror will show you the consequences. Put some chamomile tea bags on your eyes the next time you see dark circles forming to cut down the puffiness and get rid of that weary appearance.
Not only that, this tea’s calming qualities make it ideal for red, inflamed skin. Not only can chamomile help you relax and sleep, but it’s also high in quercetin, an antioxidant that helps protect your skin from UV damage.
Jasmine tea not only smells lovely, but it also possesses antioxidant and antibacterial qualities that help to maintain your immune system in good shape. It relaxes and dilates the blood vessels, allowing a plentiful supply of nutrients to reach the skin. It can help heal wounds, reduce indications of ageing, and even cure skin problems like acne.
Green tea is also high in antioxidants that protect against sun damage. Excessive sun exposure might raise your risk of skin cancer and prematurely age your skin.
Green tea catechins, such as EGCG, are powerful polyphenols that combat free radicals, reducing skin damage, providing UV protection, and preventing wrinkle development. Catechins have also been found to help rejuvenate dying skin cells and stimulate the growth of healthy new ones. Green tea is also well known to help detoxify the body and is a weight loss remedy.
Black tea, which is high in antioxidants, fights free radicals in the body and slows the ageing process. Due to the high caffeine content, it also contains anti-inflammatory effects and promotes a healthy immune system, which can help prevent colds and viruses that harm our skin.
Try rinsing your face with a cool black tea rinse the next time you’re thinking about having a cup of tea.
Ginger tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help your digestion and skin. It’s been proven that when the digestive system isn’t working properly, the skin suffers as well, resulting in irritating dermatologic disorders.
Ginger also aids in the prevention of colds, which may wreak havoc on our immune systems and impair our appearance.
Peppermint is beneficial for more than simply a bloated stomach. Peppermint tea contains menthol, which helps oily skin by decreasing oil production and promoting cell turnover. This removes dead skin cells and gives your skin a healthy shine.
It has been found to be effective in the treatment of eczema and dermatitis, as well as other irritating skin disorders. It is also a strong antioxidant and bacteria inhibitor, which can aid in the prevention of ageing and acne.
This tea makes you go OO-LA LA!
Oolong tea has a flavour, unlike any other tea. With advantages from both black and green teas, this tea is packed with health and aesthetic benefits. It may lighten your skin, remove dark spots, and even protect you against sun and smoking damage. This makes this tea an absolute must-try!
Kombucha tea, which is produced from fermented black and green tea, is excellent for skin detoxification. It has all of the antioxidants found in such teas. As a result, it’s fantastic for reducing fine lines and increasing skin suppleness, giving you a youthful glow.
It can also be used as a topical exfoliant and sunburn therapy. Kombucha’s natural probiotics provide a long list of health advantages.
This vibrant green tea from Japan is high in nutrients and has a reputation for skin detoxification. To help combat bacterial infections, it includes antioxidants, chlorophyll, and catechin.
Catechin levels in matcha have been shown to be considerably greater than in normal green tea. Matcha powder is increasingly popular in facial masks, creams, and lotions, but you can still get the advantages by drinking a cup or two!
Turns out those weeds in your garden is useful after all. Dandelions are more than just weeds in your garden. They’re wonderful in salads, make excellent tea, and have incredible skin and internal organ benefits.
Dandelion root tea is high in antioxidants and immune-boosting compounds, which assist to keep your skin looking young and healthy. It is well recognized as a powerful detoxifier and liver booster, but it can also help with digestion, which has an impact on skin look.
It all starts with you. What is good on the inside eventually shows off on the outside. Most significantly, tea begins with water, which is the most vital component of maintaining good skin. Tea has been consumed for thousands of years, and it’s easy to see why.
Grab your cup of tea and enjoy the benefits of it!
Sources: Hello Glow
Lifestyle1 day ago
(Video) Wak Doyok Shares Latest Look of A House, Used In 1982 Malaysian Film ‘Kami’
Lifestyle1 day ago
(Video) Cemeteries In Front of Houses? Normal View In Ujung Permatang Village!
Lifestyle3 days ago
Celebrate Malaysia’s Multiculturalism Through Movies
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) Taylor Swift Posts Her First TikTok Video And Fans Are Loving It!
Health4 days ago
(Video) Swab Test Still Show Positive Even After Quarantine? Let’s Find Out Why
Lifestyle3 days ago
(Video) Starting A New Job? These Are 5 Things That You Should Do!
Lifestyle7 days ago
Food Review: Brand New Delicious Tex-Masala Series From Texas Chicken Malaysia
Lifestyle4 days ago
(Video) Crazy! These 7 Items Are Most Expensive But Useless At The Same Time!