Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

125 People Evacuated Due To Floods In Two Districts In Sabah

KOTA KINABALU, Sept 19 — The number of flood victims in Sabah continues to increase, with a total of 125 people, involving 38 families, having being evacuated so far,  from 54 people (17 families) yesterday, according to the Sabah Disaster Management Secretariat.

It said the evacuees are accommodated at four relief centres (PPS) in Sipitang and Kota Belud districts.

The PPS in Sipitang is at Dewan Mini Mesapol involving 37 evacuees from 12 families.

The other three PPS are in Kota Belud, namely Dewan Muhibah Kampung Tombol (22 evacuees involving nine families), Dewan SRJK Chung Hwa (30 people from eight families) and Dewan Sk Tamau (36 people from nine families), it said.

According to the secretariat, continuous heavy rain caused flooding in 40 areas in Kota Belud and 13 areas in Sipitang.

Sources: BERNAMA

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Lifestyle

Recently, the number of flood cases that are happening here in Malaysia is getting more and more worrying. The major factor for it to...

News

BANGKOK, Oct 22  — Thailand is to welcome fully vaccinated visitors starting November 1 from 46 low-risk countries and territories including Malaysia, with the visitors...

News

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 22 — The number of flood victims in Melaka continued to rise this morning while the situation of flash floods that hit...

News

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 20 — Investors will keep a close tab on Budget 2022 which will be tabled in Parliament on Oct 29 by Finance Minister Tengku...

Copyright © 2021 Siakap Keli Sdn. Bhd.