A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked. The blockage is most often a buildup of fat, cholesterol, and other substances, which form a plaque in the arteries that feed the heart. A heart attack, also called a myocardial infarction, can be fatal, but treatment has improved dramatically over the years. Unfortunately, a heart attack could happen to the patients that suffer it anytime without knowing. One of the worst things that could happen to anyone would be having a heart attack when they are driving their vehicle. That is absolutely dangerous.
It is indeed to be so dangerous to experience a heart attack during driving is because the patients who are also the drivers of the vehicle would have to face the dangerous situation that could happen due to the high risk of collisions with other vehicles. Before anything bad about the situation of heart attack could ever cross your mind, these are some of the important things that you should know about the incidence of a heart attack and what to do about it.
- Symptoms are similar to really bad heartburn, like burning or tingling in your chest.
- Heavy pain or feeling like you have a brick in your chest.
- Nausea or even vomiting.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Symptoms are similar to an anxiety attack which are shaking, a feeling that something bad is about to happen, hyperventilation, abnormal heartbeats.
- Jaw pain.
- Pain in the upper body, the left shoulder is most common.
- Abnormal tiredness and also fatigue.
The Prevention Actions
- The best thing that you can do when you are experiencing a heart attack while driving would be to release the oil pedal slowly and find a safe area on the shoulder of the road or a rest area to park the car quickly.
- Try to keep calm.
- Call the emergency services and inform your location.