As everyone in Malaysia already knows, the toll plaza on the North-South Expressway (PLUS) has started switching its payment system. Now, it uses the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system in stages starting on the 15th of January. The particular modern system actually uses radio waves to identify passively tagged objects. Its use at toll plazas is said to allow road users to enjoy a smoother and non-stop journey in RFID lanes with a speed of 30km/h.
Other than that, this system also offers digital cash securities and cashless top-ups just by using the technology of Touch ‘n Go eWallet that can just be downloaded through everyone’s mobile phone. By doing it like that, users would not have to visit the top-up counter. This new technology needs to be installed on your own car and some people do not know how to do it. Worry not because there is already an easy way to install it explained by PLUS Malaysia.
These are the installation steps shared by PLUS Malaysia:
- Install your RFID tag on the left side of the headlights or even the left side of the front window.
- Clean the headlights of the car so that they stick easily.
- Do not touch the RFID tag with your hand.
- Open the sticker.
- Paste it on the lamp.
- Enable tags on Touch ‘n Go or Touch‘ n Go eWallet websites.
- Enter the vehicle information and register the RFID serial number.
Sources: YouTube PLUS Malaysia.